8:30 AM Worship Sevice
Sandra Fousek currently serves the Oran United Methodist Church. The Oran congregations' first worship service was held in 1911 on the Main Street, with the congregation seated on the sidewalk. Then they met in the waiting room of the depot. In 1912 services were moved to the Dewey Schoolhouse located 1/2 mile north and 1 mile east of Oran. A building committee was appointed and the present church was built in 1913 with most of the work done by the congregation. Ladies Aid started in 1910, before any services began. By 1913 it was a well organized group. The church was dedicated on May 24, 1914.